It's Sassy Dude Day here from Cricut Couple. I am calling this the "Baker's Dozen". All of these cards were made simply with one basic pattern and one paper stack. Sometimes, you get so bogged down with decisions on where to find this and where do I have that and get lost during the process and then when you get to the end of the day, you didn't accomplish anything, right? Well, hopefully, this will help a little bit with that.
The paper stack that I used for this was from Michaels by Recollections called "Today, Tomorrow and Forever". It's not really my taste, but I thought it would be a fun challenge and I know these are all very popular colors, so I just had to try. Besides that, I needed a bunch of cards in a hurry. I got all 13 of these done in one afternoon! YES! One afternoon!
So... I started with cutting for the cards. I used 13 pieces of 8 1/2" x 11" kraft card stock and folded it in the middle. I then pulled decorative papers from the stack, two coordinating patterns at a time. I cut two mats 8 1/4" x 5 1/4" inch from one patterned paper and then two mats 7 1/2" x 4 1/2" from the other patterned paper. I then cut white mats for sentiments from white card stock 3" x 6". Everything was inked with Chocolate Ink. There is a page in this stack with fun little tags, so I fussy cut all of them out and then there is another sheet that is stripes of lace borders that I cut with a craft knife. Those were also inked. I then pulled from the stamp stash... some from Anna Griffin, some from CTMH and some from My Craft Spot and did some sentiments. I then got out the Gypsy and came up with some images that wouldn't take very long to cut and started laying them out.
On layer one, you can see a birdhouse layer that I cut from scraps remaining from cutting my mats.
I then used other scraps to cut the roof layer and some birds.
I used a dark gray card stock to cut the background layer for the birdhouses.
I then used some colonial white cardstock from CTMH to stamp on and pulled some random images from the Art Philosophy and Artiste cartridges.
Once I had matted cards and piles of fun accessories, I then just started assembling them. For this card, I used a bird, bird house and left the sentiment as it was on the decorative paper. I added a bitty gem for the eye of the bird. You can see how the chocolate ink goes perfectly with everything and really adds a great finish to the shabby chic look.
For this one, I used a CTMH stamp on the provided lable shape and punched a couple of flowers from scraps with a martha punch. I also used a piece of the lace across the center.
For this one, I used a My Craft Spot stamp and an Anna Griffin stamp, some lace flowers and some cute buttons from CTMH.
This one was just a bit different. I used scrap strips and cut them 8 1/4" long to mat the card. The Cherish is also a provided label shape from the paper set. The butterfly strip is from a full card stock sheet.
I used a CTMH thanks stamp on a label shape for this one, three birds, a border strip and a lace strip.
I added a simple bow and a strip of scrap for the center of this card. I really like this one.
This one had a great graffiti look with the wood grain paper. The lable shape on the right is stamped with a CTMH stamp, but is one of the provided shapes. The Happy Birthday to you is a straight clear stamp sentiment from My Craft Spot. I cut the banner shape from Artiste and then put my clear stamp block over the shape... then I curved the clear stamp on the block to fit in the swirled shape of the banner.
This one is more of the same, just different papers. The stamps used are Anna Griffin sentiments.
This one is super easy. The label was from the provided shapes and I just added a lace strip and a bird.
This one is like the others. I added a lace strip and then another scrap piece from leftovers.
I love this woodgrain paper. It's so fun and goes great with the coordinates!
This one also used a label shape provided, but I stamped it with a CTMH stamp.
I think this one is probably my favorite. I love how the birds stand out against the wooded wall. This paper was printed with lace and painted flowers already, so it didn't need much. The banner shape also came from the paper set and was stamped with a CTMH stamp set. I also added some glitter here and there to finish it off.
So... this turned out to be a really fun experiment and I will be doing this again since I am SOOOOO far behind on my cards. This was a paper stack with a cost of $11.99. So far, 13 cards and I haven't even used half of the stack yet. I really tried this to see how far I could get with one stack. With having a simple group of goodies to work with, I was able to complete these 13 cards, start to finish, in about 4 hours. I have never knocked out cards that fast, even with a kit. Hee! Hee!
Well, I hope you like today's project! I will be sharing pictures of these individually over the next week, so I would love to hear your comments. Thanks so much for visiting today!