Thursday, August 30, 2012

Halloween State of Mind

Hi Everyone!

It's Ian here from A Newbie Crafter.  Today I have a post that is Halloween themed.  For those that know me this may come as a surprise but I have finally been thinking in advance for once.  So far in advance that my brain is already in October!  :)

I wanted to share my simple and easy project today that could easily be done in a flash.  It took me about 20 minutes from start to finish (even though I will probably add a few things here and there to it.  I used my Cricut Artiste cartridge and found the "coffin" on page 76.  I knew that this would be a perfect project because I could see myself filling these with candy for my RAs when we do a Halloween party.  I used non-Close To My Heart paper (shhh don't tell!) and it came from The Bewitched Stack.  I purchased this stack from my local Joann's.  I cut the coffin (bottom and lid) at 7.5" and this fit nicely on 12x12 cardstock.



I was surprised at how deep the coffin was - which made me even more pleased because then I knew I could definitely use it for Halloween candy.  The measurements are 7.5" long and a little under 2" deep.  2 inches?!  You can fit a lot of candy in there.  :)  All this talk of candy is making my sweet tooth sing.


Anyway, here is the finished product.  I think when I make these for my RAs, I will add the skeleton to the bottom so as they eat the candy it's a little surprise waiting for them at the end.  :)  The skeleton was cut at 6.5" as I wanted him to be smaller than the coffin.  I realized I could have cut him just a tad bigger but will remember that in a couple weeks when I start mass producing them (13 in total.  Eeek!)


Craft on,
Ian

5 comments:

Design Originals by KC said...

Love this coffin... can't wait til I can afford the Artiste cart... have the other CTMH cart ;) Thanks for showing a cool technique and I love the surprise in the bottom! Your RAs are lucky! Kathi

Creative M said...

This is so Cute and Cool!!TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Cute as can be. Your right that will hold a lot of candy! TFS

Ian said...

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm glad you all enjoyed it. :) Here's hoping the RAs enjoy it too! :)

Cricut Couple said...

This is SO MUCH FUN Ian! I love it!