Saturday, August 4, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - Birthday Shape Card

Isn't this just adorable? It is my little Carissa's (Sassy Sissy) birthday so I decided to use the Princess cartridge and make an adorable little shape card for her. In this GMS post you will learn how to use the X and Y position on your Gypsy to align your cuts. So go grab a cup of coffee, turn your Gypsy on and let's get to work.


Did you see how easy it is to line up your pieces of art to get a perfect cut? Easy isn't it? Now if you don't have this cart just practice on a cut from another cut. I took a cut without any layers and still have an awesome look.


Notice I did not hide the cuts in the second dress as I need them to cut along the edges. If I make this card again I will hide the cuts in the bodice so the card will be a little sturdier. Don't you love the look of the crinkled ribbon? So easy, just a little time consuming.


 This is a close up of the ruffles on the petticoat and the top portion of the dress. I just love all the texture and dimension it adds.


Here is a photo of the card looking down on it. This is how it will look as she pulls it out of the envelope. I love that it will fit a standard 5 1/4 inch square envelope.

This is what the little card looks like standing. Awesome isn't it? Well I hope you enjoyed today's post and learned something new with your Gypsy or had a little refresher on something you learned a long time ago. This week I challenge you to make a Shape Card! Any shape at all and then link it up. I can't wait to see what you do. It always amazes me the various shapes that are used that I never even considered using! So link it up so we can see what you come up with.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thank you thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

Creative M said...

OMG!!This is too Cute!!!Sweet!Absolutely Adorable!!!This is a Must!I was thinking of making a Bday card but I wanted to weld a dress for a card.I did not know which cart to use...but now I do!Very beautiful and I will be linking up...
TFS
Migdalia

Nicole said...

This is so adorable and very creative!! Great work!!

Ruth G said...

My 13yo daughter loves purple and is drooling! Beautiful card! I love the ruffles!!! TFS!

Cricut Couple said...

Migdalia is spot on with this one! OMG!!! This is so much fun! I have looked at that cartridge a bunch of times, but I have never seen anything that looks like this. I am totally scraplifting this one miss Sassy! It's SUPERB!!!