Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Art Philosophy 3 x 3s

Hello!  This is Evelyn from My Little Craft Blog.  My project this month is a little box of 3 x 3 note cards and envelopes using the Art Philosophy cartridge and papers from the Dotty for You collection.

This box is found on page 23 of the handbook.  Cut at 6.18 on the gypsy, it is the perfect size to hold 3 x 3 cards and their envelopes.



















Using the image on page 43, I cut the cards at
3 inches and saved the pieces leftover from the window.  I used the shift-decorative layer from the same page to frame my window.

To get the right size for the window frame, I opened a second layer on my gypsy, but did not hide the first layer.  That way, I could see how the frame would fit as I changed the size.  It turned out that 1.71 inches was the right size I needed to cover the window and leave some room for gluing the frame onto it.  You can see in the photo below the blue is the layer I'm working with (the frame) and the black is the first layer with the card on it.

 Since the paper is two-sided, I needed to line the inside of the cards with white paper, to provide both a back for the window and a place to write or stamp my message.

The envelopes are cut at 3.2 inches.  To decorate the box, I used extra frames and the saved cutouts from the windows on the cards, and mounted them on white using the basic shape from page 43 cut at 2.39 inches. For the little yellow border, I used the font layer from page 70 at 0.63 inches to use as a border across the middle of the box.




I love using one paper collection because everything matches!  The colors are all the same intensity, and patterns just work, leaving me with less thinking to do!

Do you know how to tie a men's tie?  That's how I tied on my ribbon!
Please stop by My Little Craft Blog when you have a chance and say Hi!  See you there!

Evelyn


7 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These cards are just too cute! I love them! They can be used for just a note or any occasion. I love it. The papers with this design is just perfect! Thanks for sharing today.

Creative M said...

Lovely and Sweet Note set!!Gorgeous Purse!TFS
Migdalia

Ruth G said...

Cute! I have Art Philosophy and have admired that leaf frame and I have and adore Dotty for You, too! Thanks for showing me a fun way to use the two together!!

Nicole said...

This is absolutely adorable!! I love this cartridge the possibilities are endless!! Thank you for sharing.

Ian said...

These are adorable! Thanks for sharing your project. What a great idea for a set of cards to give to someone! :) Hmm...I think I see a Christmas gift to someone in the near future. :) Great job!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the paper and your projects!

mylittlecraftblog said...

Thanks, everybody! This was an easy and fun project to make!
Evelyn