Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sister!

Hi there!

Ian, here, from anewbiecrafter.blogspot.com.  Today I have a fun birthday card that I created using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I am lucky to have both of my sisters birthdays in July.  Knowing that I needed to get on the ball and get some cards made, this is one of the cards I made for one of my sisters.

As mentioned previously, I used the Art Philosophy cartridge.  The card was from button 50, or the last page in the AP cart handbook before the keypad layouts.  I also used the layer from that same page on the inside of the card.  The stamp was from Close To My Heart and came with the AP cartridge.  I used the Pemberley paper pack collection.  On the front of the card, I stamped the two cupcake images.  I cut out the cupcake four times from the AP cart four.  I then was able to stamp in different colors and layer the images appropriately.  I ended up placing the cupcakes on pop dots on the front of the card.  I took some twine and wrapped it around the front cardstock 3 times.  To finish it up, I etched the card with a white gel pen.  I really liked the final outcome of this card!  Here are some pictures.




I cut the card at 8" (but would definitely pair it down for next time.  On the inside of the card I cut the paper at 8" as well to line it up appropriately.  The cupcakes were cut at 2.5".  The twine is from a twine share I was involved in so I'm not sure what brand it is.  The white cardstock is from Michael's Recollection brand.

I hope you like my card.  It's simple yet elegant.  I think it fits my sisters personality perfect.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look!  Enjoy your day!

Craft on,
Ian

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Ian this card is beautiful. I think the size is great and I really like your choice of colors and paper . TFS

Ian said...

Thanks, Sheila! I appreciate the compliments. :) I hope you are well!!

Gina Casey said...

This is such a beautiful card!! I love the Pemberly pack, but have not used it much yet...ideas, ideas!! TFS!

Cricut Couple said...

Wow Ian! When I saw this Pemberly paper, I never saw anything like this from it! I am totally going to scraplift this one!!! TFS!