Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Celebrate Independence Day!


Hi there!

Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Ian and I am the newest member of the design team for Cricut is Close To My Heart.  I have been crafting since January 2011 (not that long compared to others) and fell in love with Cricut.  In April of 2012 I became an Independent Consultant with Close To My Heart so that I could take my love for card making to the next level.  I would love for you to check out my blog at anewbiecrafter.blogspot.com and become a follower.  Let's get on to the card I made.

Today, I am filling in for Sheila and couldn't be more excited at the opportunity.  I hope you like today's project.  I used the Art Philosophy cartridge and American Celebration stamp set from Close To My Heart to create today's card.  If you are interested in purchasing either the AP cartridge or this stamp set, or others, head to iandreger.ctmh.com/retail!  

Today's card, as mentioned above came from the American Celebration stamp set.  I cut three stars from the AP cart at 3" and used the American Celebration stamp set and Holiday Red ink pad to create the stars on the larger star.

I took a white piece of cardstock and cut it at 4.25" x 11" and scored it at 5.5" to create a 4.25" by 5.5" card.  The next layer, blue cardstock, was cut at 4 1/8" by 5 3/8".  The Celebrate banner also came from the same stamp set and was stamped using Holiday Red on white cardstock and cut using the precision scissors from CTMH.  I inked the edges of the blue cardstock with White Daisy ink pads.





I'm not sure about you all, but I'm always thinking about what I could do to the project after I have completed it.  If I were to do this again, I would definitely add some twine to bling it up a bit.  I hope that this has inspired you to create a similar card for friends and family members around the holidays.

I made a quick video and it's posted below.  I hope you can take a couple minutes to watch it so you see how the card came together!


If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!  Thank you so much for stopping by.  Happy Independence Day!

Craft on,
Ian

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Ian, what a great card, love the video too. Thanks for filling in I am having a great vacation. I subscribe to your videos so I was able to watch that when I came in from tge beach last night. Thanks again, I look forward to your regular post next week!

Nicole said...

Ian, welcome to the blog!! I love your card great work!!!

Ian said...

Thanks so much everyone! I was so upset that the video posted early. I don't know how to schedule it to go live without people viewing it but I'm so glad you were able to watch it from the beach! Maybe make that jealous! haha. I enjoyed filling in for you and am excited about next week's post. :D

Thanks so much Nicole!! :) Happy to be here!

Cricut Couple said...

Welcome Ian! This is a fantastic design and you certainly don't look like a newbee! It's just perfect!!!