Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Arth Philosophy Gift Box

Hello my crafty friends!  This is Kimberly from My Craft Spot and I have a  gift box to share with you from the Art  Philosophy cartridge.  This is such a great cartridge.  I love the flowers and boxes!! 


I cut this beautiful box from the Art Philosophy cartridge (p. 22 - shift/ font layer) at 11 inches.  This box is super easy to fold as there are little marks and the only folds are along the bottom of the box.  All of the pretty papers I used for this project are included in the 12 x 12 Stella Paper Packet. 


Here is a side view of this box.  I used dimensionals to lift the scalloped frame off the box.  I threaded a piece of ribbon from my stash through the top, used a paper piercer to poke a hole, and then I added a large brad to hold it all together.


The pretty flower is from the Art Philosophy cartridge (p. 68) and was cut at 2 1/2 inches.  Click HERE for  a video showing how to roll these types of flowers with a petal roller.


The stamped sentiment is from a stamp set that I designed called Butterfly Kisses. (available at My Craft Spot)


I used some twine (American Crafts) to tie a bow behind my flower.  I also added some leaves from the Just for You stamp set.   After stamping them on green card stock, I cut them out and used my petal roller to give them some dimension. 


I inked all of the edges with Cocoa and Olive inks from Close to My Heart.


The green scalloped background (p. 52 of the Art Philosophy Cartridge) was cut at 2 1/2 inches and the patterned scalloped oval was cut at 2 1/4 inches.  The decorative layer (cream colored) was also cut at 2 1/4 inches.

Come join the fun at My Craft Spot!  Click HERE to shop Close To My Heart.

Happy crafting!


3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This little gift box is just adorable! Love it. TFS

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this beautiful box. The flower is so pretty. What a great project.

Caroline

Cricut Couple said...

Kimberly, this is INCREDIBLE! I have got to start playing with more 3D stuff. There are so many wonderful layers and your flowers are always perfection!