Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Art Philosophy Birthday Cards

This is Evelyn from My Little Craft Blog.   I want to show you some easy birthday cards where your Cricut does all the work.   (Well, most of the work, anyway!)

I never have enough birthday cards on hand, so when I wanted to explore my new Art Philosophy cartridge a little more, I decided to make a couple.  I chose to use the card on page 63 of the manual and its Decorative Layer, each cut at 5 inches.   The number mesh can be found on the Shift Font Layer on page 61.  I cut that at 4.75 inches. (The Decorative Layer cuts left some useful leftovers, which I saved for another project.)
 When I’m gluing something small or very intricate like the number mesh, I like to glue on top of an old magazine.  That way, I keep my desk clean.

I glued the number mesh onto the card and cut off the parts that hung over the corners:   




With the decorative layers in place, they’re almost complete — just need a little something.



That “something” had to be pretty plain because the background is so busy.  There are three stars on this cartridge; I chose the most traditional one on page 40.  I cut it at 2 3/4 inches in blue and again at 3 inches in brown.



I didn’t think that left enough of a border, so I cut the second one at 3 1/4 inches.  I like this one best.



Here they are side by side:


I used a little sentiment from the Wonderful You collection, inked in Cocoa.  All the papers are from the Stella paper packet.

Please come visit me at My Little Craft Blog!   If you'd like to place your order for Close to My Heart products through me, click here

Evelyn

3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is just as cute as can be. I love the detail. TFS

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Wow! What a cool way to use the patterned paper! What an amazing card!!!

Stephanie said...

Great design. Wonderful b-day card. Love the paper.