Monday, March 12, 2012

A Very Happy Birthday To You!!!

Hey Everyone!
Well, today's project was SO MUCH FUN!!!  This card is all about the Pemberley Workshop on the Go and the Card Word Puzzle Stamp Set.  Well, and of course, the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection.  There are several different things to do to make this, so let's get started!

 For the card shape, this is on the Art Philosophy Collection.  For this size, I used the Gypsy and actually blew the card up as large as it would fit on the mat.  If you don't have a Gypsy or CCR, you can simply use the fill to page feature on your Cricut Machine.  This is cut from the patterned paper so that there is pattern all throughout.  The yellow floral label shape inside is cut at a height of 1.75.  The amazing part of this card is the stamp set!  THIS LINK will take you to my shopping page where you can see all of the wonderful little words that come with this set!  The flowers are from this as well.  I love this set because you can literally build just about any card phrase with it!  Just start peeling and sticking to your Acrylic Block, load it up with ink and go to town!
 I used strips from the top edge of the patterned paper.  I popped the center piece after I stamped "A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU" with the stamp set along with this adorable butterfly.  I used Indian Corn Blue Ink for all of the stamping as well as inking the edges.  I then used Watercolor Pencils to shade in the butterfly and flowers.  I also popped the flowers on the edges of the card opening.  I am thrilled with the way they turned out!
When you open the inside of the card, the center label is still on the inside!  Then you can personalize around this shape however you want.  I can't get over how fun this was to put together!  I would love to hear what you think of it!  For all of you who got in on the Pemberley Add On with your Free Art Philosophy Promotion will have everything needed here to make this card!  I hope you give it a try!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful colors and love the flowers!

Nana Donna said...

Beautiful card I love love the papers and colors in the PemberLey pack. In fact I made a very similar card with the window cut out in the middle. I hope to get it on my blog this evening