Monday, March 5, 2012

Stella Card Project..."Chairish"

Hey Ya'll,
Hope everyone is had a wonderful weekend and Happy Monday to you!  I would like to welcome all of the new friends who have joined us over the weekend with the Cricut Art Philosophy Free Cartridge Promotion  I just can't imagine all of the amazing projects that are going to come out of all of these kits!  Well, if you ordered, you are going to have so much fun with the stamps that come with the Stella Workshop on the Go Kit!
The base for this card is the Colonial White Die Cut cards and envelopes.  They come with the kit as well.  I inked all of the edges with Cocoa Ink.  Then I cut the label shape.  I used two layers for this for the chair frame.  It's cut at a height of 4.00.  The background is in the blue patterned paper and the top layer is the red patterned paper from the Stella Papers from the kit.  The Bottom labels were cut the same way except the white layer is cut from Colonial White Card Stock.  For the chair, I used Cocoa Ink and stamped the chair image on the Colonial White Card Stock.  I stamped the sentiment the same way.  I added the frame to the bottom piece and then used 3D tape to pop the layer up.  I then stamped the chair again in Goldrush Ink on a scrap piece of paper.  I used a knife to cut out the seat and back cushions of the chair.  I used Liquid Glass on the chair legs.  I then used 3D tape to pop the two chair layers and cushions.  Clear Sparkles were used on the bottom of the flap on the card, the label shapes and even a teeny tiny one on the lamp base.  Once this was all put together, I sat it aside.

On the card base, I took the chair stamp that comes with this stamp set and stamped with Goldrush Ink on the left side.  This looks very strange until you cover the rest with the red.  I then added a the red piece cut at 3" x 7 7/8".  I added another strip of Colonial White that was inked 1" x 7 7/8".  The bow and ribbon down the center was made using ink-able seam binding ribbon and Bamboo Ink.

On the flap of the card, I used a piece of red that was cut 3 3/4" x 1 1/4".  I also inked the edges of all pieces with Cocoa Ink.

This was another really fun card.  I have had more fun with the items in this starter kit!  The paper colors are gorgeous.  I am so excited about the things to come!  I have been really busy getting things put together to share on here and some fun things coming up for a gathering on the 15th, so stay tuned!

Welcome again, to all of our new consultants, friends and followers!  I hope you think we are off to a good start and would love to hear your comments!

Today is challenge day over at My Craft Spot.  If you would like to see this week's challenge project that I made, please feel free to visit my other blog at Cricut Couple.  Also, if you have the Pair-a-phrase set from when the AP collection launched, Miss Sasssy Sheila made the cutest little note card on her blog.  You can see that over at She's a Sassy Lady!  It is just adorable and she used some Copic Markers with the stamps!
Most Sincerely,
Bobby

1 comment:

Audrey Frelx said...

Love em just as much here as on your other blog!!! They look great on both blogs... lol!!! Hummmm... LOL!