Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Easter to my Peeps!!!

Hey Ya'll,  Bobby here with Cricut Couple.  I have some really fun things to share with you today using this adorable stamp set My Peeps and the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection.
 This is a half card.  8 1/2" x 11" folded in half.  The yellow layer is 8 1/4" x 5 1/4".  The pink layer is 8" x 5".  The white layer is 7 1/2" x 4 1/2".  I used the text strip in blush and key lime to make the background paper.  The stamp image is cut at 5.50 for both the pink and white layers.  The flowers are from several different sizes.  The border is cut at a width of 8.35.
 I used a lace and gingham ribbon on the border strip and then added the stamp shape with 3D adhesive.  I used Creme Brulee and Blush to stamp the "Peeps" and then cut them out with a craft knife.  I then use a Cocoa Marker to dot the eyes and nose.  Then I usedLiquid Glass to make them stand out.
 I used the same mats on the inside and added a simple blank mat for a hand written message.
 I then cut out a couple of these adorable egg cards using the Art Philosophy Cartridge.  They are cut at a height of 3.90.  The grass is from the Pooh and Friends cartridge by Cricut.
The really fun thing about this design is that you can shape the clear acrylic stamps.  I simply shaped the text strip around the Acrylic Block in the shape of the border of the egg!  That way the text wraps the entire egg!  Fun, huh?  Love that!  These adorable little cards were so much fun to make that we are going to knock a bunch out for our friends at work.  They were a big hit at the most recent gathering too.  I would love to hear your comments about this design!  Now... Hop on over to my blog for a visit too!

5 comments:

Jane O'Leary said...

Love your peeps cards, so cute, now I wish I had ordered that stamp set. Thanks for sharing.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable card! I had the opportunity to use the sentiment from this set yesterday and was so impressed with how clear it stamps. Love your card.

Diane said...

What a cute card and love the paper. Thanks for the tip of reshaping the sentiment to fit the image. I just got that set and will be making cards tonight.

LadybugCarrie said...

LOVE that stamp set! Your cards are too cute! :-)

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading a post that can make men and women think. Also,
many thanks for allowing me to comment!

Here is my homepage timber plans